Foolscape sheets

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Enter the Matrix

Sometime back, it occured to me that Cypher, the 'guy' who cheats Neo and hands over Morpheus to Agent Smith - that guy was right.

He, like most of us, decides to LIVE in The Matrix. He is entrapped in the delights of the world- wealth, wine and women. Gorging on culinary delights, when he knows that its only in his mind. Looking to become the CEO of a big company, when he knows that he is actually a mere crop in the energy cultivation fields of the machines.

The point is, is there an escape from The Matrix? After all, as Morpheus says - even in order to destroy The Matrix, one has to enter The Matrix.

But why should The Matrix be destroyed? People are happy when they are in The Matrix - atleast happier than what they would be, if they found out that life here is just an illusion. That I am being used as an energy source, being farmed and 'cultured' and 'cultivated'. :)

Would I be able to wake up to a reality that is even more terrifying, despairing and frustating? No. The sense of balance, propriety and justice would be lost. Suddenly, its a new world once again, and I dont know how it functions!

WHAT is the chance, that things are real this time around -when I see myself being farmed and used- WHAT is the chance that the machines have just decided to change the program operating in my mind in order to obtain better utilization?
If real is only this real, is there some reality in the imaginary too.....
Its a new fight. I would feel like a 'baby', born into The Matrix, crying its bowels out at being 'switched' to a new reality...
WHY should I come out of The Matrix at all?
Am I happy here? No. And that is the only reason.
And I may not be happy even after I come of The Matrix, and then comprehend reality - or another Matrix. If I manage to come out of that too, I might have lost all interest in Reality. I would not be 'chasing' Reality anymore. I would either keep myself alone - away from Reality, or I would choose to Fuck myself up into some Reality or the other, and lead the life I led before I knew what was amiss...
Funny, how these last lines sound with respect to Love,Relationships and Marriage... :)

4 Comments:

  • Awesome post dude. Haven't read a blog in recent times which made me think so hard.

    Hmm. Let's look at it this way..Not everyone must and not everyone can escape the Matrix. People should be free to choose which Reality they wanna live in. But those who've chosen to have the Red pill, those who've decided they do not wanna chase money and skirts and have their own ambition in life, different from their peers, they should be free to do so. Which is better? Living a life monitored or controlled by the machines or crying, puking and living in a Reality which you know to be true? You decide.

    By Blogger Shekhar, at 1:00 PM  

  • what if we look at this from Neo's eyes....
    he could have taken the blue pill and returned to his life...
    does he see his calling until he has taken the red pill and lived the new reality for a while?
    he takes the red pill coz he is fed up off his life as he knows it... because he is not happy... because he sees there is nothing to lose if he loses this world ...

    so the point remains... WHY should I come out of The Matrix at all .... and as you said, may be the answer does come from within

    By Blogger Mugs, at 9:09 AM  

  • I think there exists a matrix in each arena ..u have two choices run away or face it bravely........
    Turn your wishes to Wants n then to Demand ..n Get Best or wait patiently till ur Final journey..
    Its all a game,do not just exist start Living :)..is the summary of this blog i guess.

    By Blogger Gauri Khare, at 12:05 AM  

  • @Gauri:

    are there only two choices?

    By Blogger Mugs, at 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home